New Year is right around the corner and the biggest confusion for most of us is where to party this New Year’s eve. With umpteen choices available, it is important for us to understand which place hosts which type of parties and where our preferences lie. The new trend is to go to a different city or a resort on the outskirts and to welcome the New Year in great pomp and fancy. Here’s a comprehensive list of places in India which are hosting the best parties this New Year’s Eve:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Andaman and Nicobar Islands is one of the top destinations to celebrate New Year’s this time. The scenic beauty of the place is mesmerizing and makes it ideal for celebrations. It is a great place to celebrate with family and friends. One can celebrate and party hard on the islands, beaches, resorts and yachts. It is one of the only places in India which still has crystal clear waters and natural beauty. It is also on the top of the list for the cleanest and greenest places in India. The wide array of water and adventure sports can add a great element of fun to your New Year celebration, more so if you are not a drinker. The beautiful scenery of the place helps one to forget all their worries and tensions and enjoy the New Year with full force. Apart from being a great destination to party, it is also a wonderful place to enjoy a vacation.
- Goa: Goa is a favorite destination for every Indian! It can easily be called the party capital of the country. It is undoubtedly an amazing place to spend your New Year with family and friends. Goa consist of everything, beaches, pubs, resorts, clubs and dazzling discos. The variety of food and drinks available in Goa is stunning. The wide array of brands and the wonderful offers to come with them are irresistible. From traditional Goan food to Italian and other more common cuisines, tourists have a wide variety of options to choose from. New Year’s Eve is always celebrated with great fun and frolic in Goa. Most bars, restaurants. Pubs and resorts have special arrangements for the New Year. Goa is also a popular destination for foreigners to visit during the New Year.
- Udaipur: The beautiful lake city of India, Udaipur is also a wonderful choice of place to celebrate the New Year. It is one of the most scenic places of Rajasthan. Udaipur is one of the finest options to choose from, if a person wants to celebrate their New Year with a good cultural spirit. Udaipur is filled with traditional haveli’s and cozy villa’s to stay in. The many forts have awe striking lights displays on New Year’s Eve. This will make everyone’s New Year fabulous.
- Pondicherry: Pondicherry’s almost like the Goa of the South. It is always one of the most sought after destinations for friends and family to spend their New Year. There are several happening parties in Pondicherry which are organized by specialized event organizers. The beaches with sparkling cold water make the experience even more exhilarating. To accompany this, the lovely sea food and amazing drinks make New Year’s Eve, even more special and memorable.
- Varanasi: Though this may come as a shocker to most people, the temple town of Varanasi is actually a place to spend your New Year. This is an offbeat place when it comes to celebrating New Year and will be an off the record experience. The Ghats surrounding the town are worth a glimpse on New Year’s. The fireworks on the Ghats, give a special and welcoming feeling to the New Year. Alongside this, the spiritual aspect of the town also adds to your positive energy right at the beginning of the New Year!
- Mumbai: The city that never sleeps! What better place is there to celebrate your New Year? Mumbai is full of hustle and bustle throughout the day and at night every street is lit bright and activity is at its peak. The celebration of New Year in this city is worth a watch! With fancy hotels to all the who’s who of the film industry, Mumbai has everything. It is one of the best places in India to celebrate your New Year. People from all over the country flock Mumbai to witness and be a part of the New Year celebrations.
- Bangalore: The IT capital of the country also has a bright party side! Bangalore has its own unique ways of celebrating New Year. Light and music adorn every inch of the city. The many wonderful clubs, restaurants and pubs has fancy events organized for which obtaining passes is quite a task. The amazing weather of the city helps to make the New Year celebrations even more memorable.
- Vishakhapatnam: Vishakhapatnam more popularly known as Vizag is another stunning place to celebrate your New Year. Ideally located by the Bay of Bengal, this place has breath taking views. This is a popular destination for celebration amongst both Indians and foreigners. People usually bring in the New Year by celebrating at one of the local pubs by the beach with a variety of drinks at their disposal.
- Manali: Manali is one of the most popular hill stations of North India. This hill station is particularly beautiful during the winters. The snow fall in the winters make sit a special choice for the New Year. The many sporting activities add to the fun. The lighting on the hills make the little town look glamorous and celebration ready.
- New Delhi: Last but not the least, Delhi the capital of India is also one of the top places to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Delhi has a very special and unique way to celebrate their New Year. Some people drink and enjoy at clubs while others bring the celebrations with house parties. At 12, the entire Connaught Place goes dark for 1 second and then announces the welcoming of the New Year.
So what are you waiting for? Find the ideal destination for you to celebrate your New Year and get going! In case you need help with ticketing and tour packages, you can find some of the travel agents here. Make this New Year’s Eve the best that you have celebrated so far.
Happy New Year!