Summers are here and nothing beats the sun like a scoop of your favorite ice cream. All ice cream parlours are buzzing with people who just cannot get enough of the amazing flavors. Here are some fun facts about this life saver, summer treat!
1. It takes about 50 licks to finish a single scoop of ice-cream cone.
2. California produces most ice cream in America.
3. Chocolate syrup is the most common and popular ice cream topping.
4. Before milk based ice creams were introduced in 10th century, it was indeed made from ice.
5. End of the World War II was celebrated by eating ice cream.
6. Ice cream “Brain Freeze” effect is triggered when cold ice touches the roof of your mouth, which causes blood vessels in the head to dilate.
7. In A.D 54–68 Roman Emperor Nero is said to have sent his slaves into the mountains to fetch snow to mix with nectar, fruit pulp, and honey.
8. The busiest day for ice cream sellers is usually Sunday.
9. According to NASA, ice-cream is among the top three items most missed by astronauts on space missions. The others are pizza and fizzy drinks.
10. The last thing Elvis Presley ate was four scoops of ice-cream and six chocolate chip cookies
11. The tallest ice cream cone was over 9 feet tall in Italy
12. Chocolate ice cream was invented before vanilla
13. Soft-serve ice cream has been around since the 1930s, and is made by adding air to the ice cream mixture during the freezing process. The result is a softer ice cream that lowered the cost of ice cream even more because it required less in the way of ingredients.