The NEET exam is a National Eligibility cum Entrance Test in India for students who are willing to do their graduation in any of the MBBS/BDS courses in medical colleges across the country. Conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education, it ensures that candidates can study in their dream medical college in the country. This exam is written by those candidates who have successfully completed their 12th standard or equivalent and are looking to apply for their graduate course. This exam is focused mainly on the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology at par with the NCERT syllabus.
Textbooks to follow to crack the exam include:
1) Physics: Physics is one such subject that requires continuous solving of problems related to theoretical concepts. Only if your concepts are clear, does it become easy to solve the problems. Some of the textbooks you can refer for the same are-
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma- Volume 1
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma- Volume 2
2) Chemistry: Since NCERT is responsible for drafting the syllabus for the exam as well as to set the exam paper, NCERT textbooks are recommended. In Chemistry, more focus should be on the chemical equations, organic reactions as well as organic and inorganic structures. Textbooks you can refer are-
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Organic Chemistry by Robert Thornton Morrison
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for XI and XII
3) Biology: Biology is one of the main subjects of the NEET examination as the exam is essentially an entrance to a graduation in medicine. Biology is quite vast in itself. Thus Zoology and Botany should be given equal importance and some of the text books you can refer for this are-
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology – Vol.1
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology – Vol.2
- Objective NCERT at your fingertips for NEET-AIIMS
- NEET Guide for Biology by MTG
Some tips and tricks that you can follow to crack the NEET exam are:
- Practice: They say that practice makes a man perfect and this is no exception. This exam is no piece of cake and if you want to crack it, then it requires hard work and most importantly a lot of practice.
- Timetable: Juggling between school academics and preparing for NEET at the same time can be quite a task. Hence, it is very important to chalk out a timetable that makes it easier to prioritize and segregate your tasks for the day.
- Weak Areas: Every student inevitably has weak areas in every subject. These might be topics or concepts that you find hard to understand or concepts that you simply do not like. Focus on these areas more to ensure that your score in the exam does not go low because of it.
- Mock Tests: Nothing prepares you well enough for an exam than taking mock tests for the same. Mock tests help you with time management while at the same time makes you familiar with the test pattern, the questions asked and the topics that you will have to focus more on. It also helps you self-evaluate your performance.
- Previous Papers: Just like mock tests, going through the previous NEET exam question papers will give you an idea of what to expect from the exam in terms of questions and concepts.
- Choosing the right books: It is very important to pick the right books to study from in order to crack the exam. Refer to standardised books written by renowned authors so that your concepts are clear.
- Revision: Reading and understanding so many different concepts, all at once can be a little overwhelming. In such a scenario, it is very important to revise the concepts on a regular basis to make sure that you do not forget any of them.
- Coaching classes: If at any point, you have any difficulty in self-study, then you can always enroll in a coaching center of your choice that helps NEET aspirants crack the exam with great scores. You can find some of the famous coaching centers for NEET in Raipur here to help you out.