Today we are providing all the details you should know if you have chosen CS as your career objective. “How to become a company secretary”?
ICSI (The Institute of Company Secretaries of India) which is the CS Institute is the premier National Professional body established by Act of Parliament to develop and regulate the Profession of Company Secretaries. ICSI provides study materials also at the time of registration.
1. There are three stages in CS Course. They are
2. Student has to go 15 months of practical training which may opt after passing the executive program.
3. ICSI Executive program can be pursued after foundation course.
4. Professional program can be pursued after successful completion of the Executive course.
5. After completion of professional course and 15 months training, student is joined as Associate Member of the ICSI and called as Associate company secretary (ACS).
CS Exam 2016 Eligibility:-
- CS Foundation Course Eligibility:-
Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination of a recognized Board/University constituted by law of India or any examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto are eligible.
- Exemption From Foundation Examination:-
All graduates and post graduates (excluding fine arts) and those having passed in the Foundation examination of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or of any other accountancy institution in India or abroad recognized as equivalent thereto by the Council of the Institute are exempted from passing the Foundation Programme examination. Such students may directly seek registration to Executive Programme stage of Company Secretary (CS) Course.
CS Foundation Subjects
- Business Environment & Entrepreneurship
- Business Management, Ethics and Communication
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
CS Executive Subjects
- Company Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Economic and Commercial Laws
- Tax Laws and Practice
- Company Accounts and Auditing Practices
- Capital Markets and Securities Laws
- Industrial, Labor and General Laws
CS Professional Subjects
- Advanced Company Law and Practice
- Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence
- Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency
- Information Technology and Systems Audit
- Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
- Ethics, Governance and Sustainability
- Advanced Tax Laws and Practice
- Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
- Elective one out of five below subjects
- Banking Law and Practice
- Capital, Commodity and Money Market
- Insurance Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice
- International Business-Laws and Practices
CS Examination Fee :-
- Foundation Program -Rs. 1200/-
- Executive Program – Rs. 1200/- per Module
- Professional Program -Rs. 1200/- per Module.
Fee Structure for CS Course:-
- CS Foundation Program – Rs.4500/- (1,500/- towards Admission Fee & 3,000/- towards Education Fee)
- CS Executive Program – Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates / CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA
Rs 10,000/- for Non Commerce Students
Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students
- CS Professional Program – Rs.12,000/-
NOTE: FEE CONCESSION FOR SC/ST AND PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED STUDENTS.
Medium of Examination
The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
Examination Centers in India
Result-cum-Marks Statement in physical form (printed hard copy) is issued only to candidates of Professional Program Examination. Students of Foundation Program and Executive Program are not provided the Result-cum-Marks Statement in physical form. Formal E-Result-cum-Marks Statement of Foundation Program and Executive Program is uploaded on Institute’s website; www.icsi.edu; and respective students can download/take printout of the same from Institute’s website for reference and records.
Everybody knows the proverb “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” but how many follows it . everyday we hear inspirational talks, reads informative books but what is the use of such knowledge if we are unable to take correct decisions . So, here is a list of coaching classes to help you through your learning process and guide you in right direction.