Moving to a new city is never an easy experience. To top it off, if you’re staying away from family, finding a hostel or a paying guest residence is a whole another task in itself. There are a lot of factors to consider while finalizing on a place to stay. This can be a little overwhelming, considering that you have to do everything by yourself. Here are some of the major checklists to ensure that you find just the right place for yourself.
- Location: Needless to say, this is the most important factor in choosing a paying guest residence. Firstly, it should be located in a safe neighbourhood so that you do not have to worry about frequent thefts etc. The neighbourhood must have proper street lights and there must be sufficient homes in the vicinity. Secondly, it should be located in an area that is closer to your college or workplace so that you do not have to spend a lot of time commuting to and fro. The property should also be well connected to bus/metro stations. Apart from this, the area must also be close to hospitals, shopping centers and medical stores.
- Budget: Once you have decided the neighbourhood that you want to live in, the next step is to narrow down the places available depending on your budget. The best way to do this is to post your requirements on social media which is an interactive way to find budget-friendly PGs without the interference of brokers. You can also check for available PGs on the internet. Pick a PG that caters to all your needs but fits your budget perfectly.
- Living environment: While finalizing the PG, it is important to take the living environment into consideration. The property must be safe in terms of the building infrastructure itself. All basic amenities such as electricity and water must be available at all times. The property must have enough lights, fans, furniture etc. so that your room is well equipped. The hygiene of the place, as well as sanitation, must not be compromised on.
- Food: Staying away from home can make you crave for home cooked food like nothing else. Ensure that the PG has a well-equipped kitchen so that you can cook food by yourself. This should include all the amenities such as refrigerator, microwave, gas and any utensils that you may require. If cooking is not an option, then find a good catering service that can provide timely meals as per your convenience. You can also check if the PG itself provides meals depending on your requirement.
- Roommates: Another important factor in deciding the PG you want to stay in is roommates. You should meet your proposed roommate beforehand and discuss the dos and don’ts according to you. A living situation that is suitable for the both of you must be established. Also clarify any habits that your roommate may have that could make you uncomfortable such as smoking, drinking and partying habits. Also, discuss each other’s schedules so that a smooth living environment can be maintained at all times.
- Legalities: Once you have decided on the place you want to stay in, it is important to finalise all the legalities of your stay in detail. A legal agreement with the owner must be drafted clearly stating the details of your stay, duration as well as the rent and any increments in the rent that may happen in the future. The dos and don’ts discussed must also be clearly documented. This legal document must be signed by both parties.
Thus, these are the main parameters to look for before you finalize on your PG. The main aim is to make it feel a lot like home and to create an environment of security and serenity for yourself. You can find a list of the PGs available in Raipur here.