Workout clothes and sportswear is often neglected because it is often considered to be “non-fashionable”. However, rather than making a fashion statement, your workout clothes must be comfortable and must fit well. Thus, it is important to pick clothes that are comfortable and which keeps you cool at the same time.
There are a few major reasons why you should pick out the perfect sportswear. These include:
> Boosts confidence: As controversial as this may sound, studies have shown that wearing the right sportswear can actually make you feel more positive and thus help you perform better. This is simply because if you know that you look great, you are bound to act the same way too.
> Adds protection: This is probably one of the most important reasons why you have to pick the right workout gear. If you are someone who takes part in high-intensity sports, then it is important to make sure that in case of an accident, you do not get injured. Apart from this, if you are someone who goes on early morning jogs, especially in winters, then picking clothes that will keep you warm is essential.
> Improves freedom of movement: If you pick up tight workout clothing, then it will restrict your movement to a great extent, making you unable to swing or dunk. It will also slip away when you jump. Free movement is very important when you perform complex exercises.
Thus, the perfect sportswear should have the following characteristics:
1) Must feel invisible: When brands work on their sportswear line, the main priority is to make the clothing feel as invisible as possible. This is to make sure that you do not feel clumsy or overdressed when you work out. The fabric of the clothing should not restrict your movements and come in the way of indulging yourself in the perfect workout.
2) Wicking properties: Wicking property is the property of a fabric to draw sweat away from the body. This is usually the case with synthetic fabrics which is why they are used extensively in sportswear. Fabrics that work best for the same is Lycra, Polyester, and Spandex. Also, some clothing is in-lined with fibers such as SUPPLEX or COOLMAX which helps regulate the body temperature, thus making sure that you do not sweat too much. Cotton clothing must be avoided at all costs in case of intensive workouts as when it becomes sweaty, it can feel heavy and can cling to your body.
3) Layerable: One of the characteristics that sportswear has to have is that it should be flexible enough to wear all year around. Thus, it should be versatile and should work for the hottest of months to the coldest of months. Hence, layering is key. Pick clothes that can be layered in the colder months by adding a pullover over it. If you are someone who jogs or runs every day, you should be able to throw on a nylon shell or a windbreaker over it.
4) Technologically advanced: In the fashion and clothing world today, designers and brands constantly come up with ways to make their clothing better. Thus, sportswear and workout wear that incorporate anti-microbial treatments in order to combat odor is the new technological advancement of the day. Some others have built-in UV protection. Also, if you are someone who goes on late night jogs, then glow-in-the-dark luminescent jackets are also available.
5) Activity appropriate: Sportswear is just that, sportswear. You should make sure that your clothing is not baggy or flowy and is appropriate for the kind of workout that you want to do. For example, if you are someone who runs or bikes, pick pants that are not long as it is easier to trip over them. Another example is if you are someone who indulges in Yoga, then avoid any clothing that will slip and slide during different poses.
Thus, picking the right workout gear is of utmost importance. If you are looking for sportswear dealers who can hook you up with some standard, comfortable sportswear in Raipur, you can find them here: