Nobody wants bugs, insects and other disgusting creepy pests in their house. Unfortunately, due to some reason or the other, there may be incidents where your house may get infested with the creepy-crawlies. Thus, it becomes essential that you eliminate them from your home before they actually breed and multiply manifold as pests usually multiply a lot faster than other organisms. Here are some of the ways that you can ensure that your home is free of any bugs and insects:
1) Prevention is better than cure: The best way to get rid of pests is to actually make sure that they don’t exist in the first place. This includes ensuring that the surroundings of your house are kept clean and tidy. Some of the ways you can do this include:
- Cleaning out the trash on a regular basis as garbage is literally a breeding ground for all kinds of bugs and pests.
- Ensure that there is no stagnant water anywhere near your house. This stagnant and contaminated water is where pests usually lay their eggs.
- Maintain your garden to make sure that there are no branches or shrubs that are right outside your door. These are usually perfect housing conditions for pests.
- Fix any plumbing or water leaking issues that may lead to the accumulation of water eventually.
- Seal any openings or cracks that may serve as a place that the insects can hide in. Cover any holes with a wire mesh. This includes any cracks in the foundation, piping or even electrical wiring.
- Maintain the drains in your house to ensure that it does not accumulate any gunk or debris that will attract pests, mostly flies.
- Discard any foods that might have expired, both canned and uncanned as they attract rodents. Also, ensure that all your stored food is done so in air-tight containers to keep all the pests away.
2) Light installations: Most flying insects get attracted to light. If you have a light right outside your home, chances are that these insects are going to get attracted to it and the result is that they are going to fly through your doors and windows. Thus, replace your mercury vapour lights with halogen lights or high-pressure sodium vapour lamps. This is because these lights usually have pink or orange tints as opposed to bright white light, thus being the least attractive to insects. Another idea is to get your light installations done farther away from the door so that the light shines away from it.
3) The first line of defense: If after all these preventions, you still find a bug or two in your house, then you must try to immediately eliminate it. However, any pesticide you use must be safely and correctly used. Also, ensure that these pesticides are kept far away from children. Keep in mind that these pesticides work only in the initial stages of infestation and that by no means must you consider it as a professional step. Use the pesticide on the targeted location and wait for the stipulated time before you can do it again. It is also a good idea to target the source of the problem rather than temporarily eliminating the pests.
4) Try DIYs: Again, this works best if there is only a bug or two. This is not the wisest move if you have a lot of insects or pests in your home. You can use something as simple as a bait that is commercially available if you are dealing with rodents of any kind. Apart from that, you can also use some commercially available products that are guaranteed to reduce pest problems.
However, if the infestation becomes too much, the best thing to do is to get in touch with people who professionally eliminate these pests by targetting the source. By doing so, it will make sure that they never return again. If you are looking for pest control services in Raipur, you can find a list of professionals to help you out here: