Though going to the gym wasn’t a very familiar concept in India two decades or so ago, people are now quickly adapting to working out in the gym. While most people prefer working out on their own and according to their own schedule, some people prefer the gym as it is a more disciplined form of working out. If you are one of those people who are contemplating enrolling into a gym, here’s why you should go ahead and do it.
- Stress buster: Though the whole process of getting dressed up, carrying your gym gear with you and going to the gym might seem like quite an ordeal, the results on the contrary are pretty great. Exercising at the gym is said to improve your confidence levels of being comfortable in your own body in public. This, in turn, will have a positive impact on your health, making you feel fitter and happier. Stress, in the long run, can also trigger problems such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. Being happier, in general, will thus reduce the stress which in turn will reduce the probability of these diseases.
- Improves sleep quality: In this fast-paced world, it isn’t much of a surprise that people find it extremely difficult to have a satisfactory and undisturbed sleeping pattern. Most people find it hard falling asleep and even harder waking up every day. In such a scenario, going to the gym might be your simple solution. Working out at the gym is an intense experience. This intensity will not only tire your body, but will also tire your brain at the end of the day. This will make it easier for you to fall asleep. At the same time, waking up will not seem so hard because your body will be well-rested all through the night as well.
- Self Esteem and Relationships: Though this may seem like a bit of a long shot, according to a recent survey conducted, funnily enough, men who worked out regularly had a better relationship with their significant other than those who did not. This is simply because the results of working out on a daily basis boosted their self-esteem. This self-esteem translated to a more charming self in their relationship as well. Women also said that they were more confident with wearing an outfit that they would have initially never worn due to lack of confidence. But after going to the gym, they can now pull off any outfit with a newfound self-esteem.
- Posture: Considering that most adults work in desk jobs that inevitably involves sitting in the same place for over 8 hours a day, your posture might have been compromised. Good posture is extremely important, both for men and women and the best way to fix this is to exercise your back muscles. Regularly flexing the muscles in your arms, abs and back ensure that your posture is maintained and what better place to do it at than the gym. Rectifying your posture also eliminates the risk of diseases such as spondylitis and tennis elbow. Also, working out regularly reduces the probability of any bone-related diseases such as arthritis as it helps strengthen the bones over a significant period of time.
- Brain functioning: Being physically fit automatically translates to being mentally fit as well. Cognitive functions such as attention span, reasoning, memory and even the rate of absorption of information are boosted in people who exercise regularly against those who do not. The blood flow to your brain when you indulge in intense exercises actually increases your creative capabilities. This, in turn, can help you brainstorm ideas that you might otherwise have a problem in working out. Carry your phone with you and jot down any creative ideas that you may come up with, during the course of your exercise too!
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll into your nearest gym and stay fit and happy! You can find a list of gyms in Raipur if you are interested in the same, here.