Parties are definitely one of those exciting events that one has to attend. Meeting friends over good food and drinks, great music and a happy vibe, what’s not to like? However, if you are on the back end of a party and you actually have to plan and organize it, it may get a little stressful and sometimes even overwhelming. Unless you very meticulously plan everything, there are chances that something will go wrong. Thus, the best way to go about organizing a party is to make a checklist of sorts that you can keep as a guide to get your work for the party done. Here is a concise checklist that will definitely come in handy:
1. Time to plan: We often tend to underestimate the time we need to plan a party assuming that things are going to fall into place by itself. However, you need a considerable amount of time to plan for it and that largely depends on the size of the party. Some small spontaneous parties can be organized in less than 48 hours as in the case of a club party but those that are club events, office-related events or a special day with respect to a family member can take a little more time. Thus, before you actually start organizing the party itself, make sure that you calculate the time you need to get all the work done.
2. The location and budget: The next thing that should be ticked off off your checklist is the location and budget. Once the location is finalized, all the other small details can be worked upon. While choosing a location, make sure that it is one that has a good reputation and has got good reviews. It is also important to choose a place that is easy to commute to and from because you would want your guests to be able to get back home after the party conveniently. Once a huge chunk of the budget has been set aside for the location, you can then go on to focus on the cleaning, decor, sound, lighting and other factors.
3. Music: Any party is not complete without the music. It is important that you do not pick music genres that only you like but instead pick out a significant mix of different artists and genres to suit everyone’s tastes. The best way to go about choosing a DJ if you are interested in a live performance is to go for small time, unrecognized artists as they are sometimes in the form of hidden gems. If you want to pick a DJ that is well recognized, it is important to book the person beforehand so as to avoid any last minute changes.
4. Sending out invitations: This is another thing that you will have to tick off your checklist as soon as possible. It is said that typically your invitation to a party must be sent out 4 weeks earlier and a gentle reminder sent out on social media or through email a few days before the actual day of the party. Again, this is different for different kinds of parties. If it is a promotional party, then extra advertising is needed by means of using either flyers or posters, basically whatever works best for you. While making the invitations, stick to a clean theme that passes on the details as clearly as possible without going overboard or tacky with the invite.
5. Decor and lighting: The decor and lighting is something that you can definitely play around with. Depending on the theme of the party and the location, this can be switched up. If you are on a budget constraint and you do not want to spend a truckload of money on the lighting, the best way to go about it is to use inexpensive LED systems that work just as fine. Keep the decor simple and tasteful rather than combining a hundred different elements and focus more on the guests that will be attending the party.
However, if you still find it overwhelming to organize everything on your own, then you can always take the assistance of party organizers to do so. Here is a list of party organizers in Raipur: